Do you know how MAGA Republican's PROJECT 2025 devastates American farmers?
Join their No Day One Dictator! Stop Project 2025! action in Washington D.C. on January 27th. STOP THE COUP 2025 and Rise and Resist will be protesting Project 2025 and the role of right-wing funders behind the plan to install a Day One dictator and dismantle our democracy. Buses to Washington, D.C. will leave from New York City. Sign up to attend and/or help organize prior to or on the day of the action.
Project 2025: How it hurts farmers
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture should be scaled back, because “the USDA’s `client’ is the American people in general, not a subset of interests, such as farmers, meatpackers, environmental groups, etc.” (page 290).
- Extreme weather has been hurting farmers in the past few years, but the GOP wants to get rid of initiatives that help farmers deal with the effects of climate change on farmers and food production (page 293).
- The GOP wants to cut back farm subsidies: “The overall goal should be to eliminate subsidy dependence” (page 295) because subsidies create “market distortions.” The federal sugar program, for example, “intentionally tries to restrict supply and thereby drives up prices. The program costs consumers as much as $3.7 billion a year” (page 294).
- “Stop paying farmers twice for price and revenue losses during the same year. Farmers can receive support from the ARC or PLC programs and the federal crop insurance program to cover price declines and revenue shortfalls during the same year. Congress should prohibit this duplication” (page 297).
- Eliminate the Conservation Reserve Program: “Farmers should not be paid in such a sweeping way not to farm their land” (page 304).
- Shrink the Farm Services Agency (page 310)
Research by STOP THE COUP
Infographic design tips
DemLabs and Stop The Coup designed this infographic using the Infogram app. Follow these guidelines to design your infographic.
1. Keep it simple. The infographic isn't meant to be a substitute for the full research. We chose only six key aspects of Project 2025 to highlight in the infographic.
2. Use icons and images to make your content easier to understand visually.
3. Minimize the color selection to improve visibility. We used Red, White, Black and Blue.
4. Use animation to draw attention to your 'Call To Action'. See how the appeal to join the protest is 'pulsing'.
5. Provide links to more information. Clicking on any of the six items leads to a Google Doc with more details. The infographic also has a link to the 900 page Project 2025 document.
6. An image from the Yellowstone TV series is used in the title. It's especially relevant as the story is about the struggle to save a family farm.
Stop the Coup 2025 is a group of LGBTQ+ activists stepping up to protect our democracy, imperfect as it is, to counter Project 2025. We can stop this, but only if we educate ourselves and our community about the danger, and develop strategies to FIGHT BACK. Bring your experience, determination, and sense of urgency. Let’s mobilize and stop this Christian Nationalist threat!
Stop the Coup 2025! aims to serve as a centralized hub for aggregating and amplifying news, information, and intersectional voices about right-wing Project 2025 and the criminalization of gender, race, immigration, and more, in the US and Africa. It helps answer the burning question: what do we do to fight back? There isn’t one answer, but many – many strategies, field and movement lessons, tools, and analysis to support effective action on myriad battlefronts developed by frontline ally groups. It consolidates the best ideas and tools in our Get Involved pages, and also highlight the voices of leading journalists and progressive thinkers in our Newsroom. Get Involved.
TakeAway: Stop the MAGA PROJECT 2025 scheme to install a fascist Trump dictatorship. Support STOP THE COUP 2025.
Image credit: YellowStone
DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH THE DATA FOUND IN THIS BLOG AND INFOGRAPHIC HAS BEEN PRODUCED AND PROCESSED FROM SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CAN BE MADE REGARDING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO ANY USES OF THE INFORMATION WHETHER ISOLATED OR AGGREGATE USES THEREOF.