Republicans want to cut Veteran benefits by 22%. This is how Republicans say thank you to those who served our country. - Reddit
President’s Biden's Budget plan to honors our country’s sacred obligation to care for America’s Veterans, their families, caregivers, and survivors. The Republican scheme cuts 22% from the Veteran's Administration budget and threatens a broad range of critical services for Veterans – both at VA and across the federal government.
Check for yourself with this map to see who'll be hurt? The map shows how many veterans live in all 3,221 counties and what percentage of the population they represent. Check for yourself with this map and call your Republican rep with one click to let them know how you feel about their scheme to cut your benefits.
Honor veterans service to America
President Biden's plan to honor our commitment to Veterans and Military Families
President Biden’s budget honors our nation’s sacred commitment to veterans and military families.
- Expands Health Care, Benefits, and Services for Military Environmental Exposures.
- Prioritizes VA Medical Care, Mental Health Services and Suicide Prevention.
- Create a Housing Voucher Guarantee for Extremely Low-Income Veterans.
- Honors the Memory of All Veterans with $480 million to ensure veterans and their families have access to exceptional memorial benefits.
- Invests in Critical Veteran Medical Facilities and Caregivers Support Programs.
- Supports America’s Commitment to Military Families.
- Expands Employment Protections for Military Spouses.
Republican scheme to cut Veterans Benefits
The Republican scheme cuts 22% of the budget for veteran services to fund tax cuts for their billionaire donors.
- Cut Housing for 50,000 Veterans who depend on Housing Choice Vouchers.
- Increase Food Insecurity for about 1.3 million Veterans who rely on SNAP increasing the likelihood that Veterans and their families go hungry.
- Deprive Veterans of mental health, substance use, and other health services.
- Eliminate Job Training and other support systems for Homeless Veterans.
"Speaker McCarthy and Congressional Republicans doubled down on threatening default in order to extract a wish list of extreme, unrelated policies that will hurt hard-working families...what this plan would mean for families and communities across the country?
It sets overall appropriations for Fiscal Year 2024 at the same level as FY 2022. At this level, all appropriated funding—including both defense and domestic programs—would be cut deeply. However, Congressional Republicans have indicated that they are not willing to cut defense funding at all, which means that everything else in annual appropriations—from cancer research, to education, to veterans’ health care—would be cut by much more.
Undermine Medical Care for Veterans: Cutting funding by 22 percent would mean 30 million fewer veteran outpatient visits, and 81,000 jobs lost across the Veterans Health Administration—leaving veterans unable to get appointments for care including wellness visits, cancer screenings, mental health services, and substance use disorder treatment. - Once A Soldier
I used to be a veteran that voted Republican
- I used to be a veteran that voted Republican. I thought because they made sure I was well taken care of in service that they would as a veteran. I went 100% disabled two years ago. And it was shortly after that when Trump called combat-wounded losers and suckers that I bailed on the party — and have not looked back with regret. The MAGA GOP is not the Republicans that I thought it was.
- “Suckers and losers” is the phrase used by their lord and savior not so long ago.
- The absolute disrespect he showed McCain was appalling. John McCain was an American hero and someone deserving of respect. I didn’t agree with his politics, but damn if he wasn’t a good man. Private bonespurs never showed any respect for our armed forces, good reason why nothing will ever be named after him.
- If Republicans want to screw over the military, middle-class, families, and women at least put on the big boy pants and do it during the budget cycle instead of hiding behind the economy like a bunch of domestic terrorists. - Once A Soldier
How will their political agenda impact you?
Republican culture wars don't pay the bills nor fund benefits for veterans. Make it easier for people to understand how the Republican scheme to cut benefits for veterans will hurt them with a Smart Map. This map shows the number of veterans living in all 3,221 counties, the political rep who is getting paid to represent their interests and how to contact them. Zoom into the map for more details or search by typing in your address. Call your political rep with one click from your laptop or smartphone.
TakeAway: Stop this Republican scheme to sacrifice veterans to fund tax cuts for their billionaire donors!
DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH THE DATA FOUND IN THIS BLOG AND INFOGRAPHIC HAS BEEN PRODUCED AND PROCESSED FROM SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CAN BE MADE REGARDING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO ANY USES OF THE INFORMATION WHETHER ISOLATED OR AGGREGATE USES THEREOF.
Image credit: Sharefaith