I am not a crook say Republicans and claim to be above the law. Nope. Democracies don't work like that.
Check your knowledge. Do you know who: (Answers below)
- Which Republican delegate led a violent assault on the Capitol on Jan 6th?
- Which Vice President led a bribery and extortion scandal from the White House?
- Which Republican hired hitmen to shoot Democrats after losing his election?
- Republican congressman accused of committing voter fraud by voting twice?
No one is above the law in a democracy
Share this infographic freely with this link or as a GIF
Republicans defend Trump by attacking criminal-justice system
"Many Republicans in the U.S. Congress have responded to Donald Trump's looming Tuesday arraignment by characterizing the criminal justice system as corrupt, in accusations that parallel their earlier broadsides against the nation's elections after the former president's 2020 defeat.
Trump and his allies in the House of Representatives and Senate have used rhetoric that echoed his false claims of widespread election fraud in the build-up to the deadly Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol by his supporters. Critics warn that the present partisan rhetoric could shake public trust in courts by undermining the institutional legitimacy of the criminal justice system." - Reuters
Death and Destruction
"Trump has been unrestrained in his rhetoric in recent weeks, calling for protests and warning of potential "death & destruction" if he were to be charged. He used fiery language hours before his supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, in a bid to overturn his election defeat. Five people including a police officer died during or shortly after that riot and more than 140 police officers were injured. The Capitol suffered millions of dollars in damage.
"Political leaders ought to stand up for the American system of government," said Democratic Representative Zoe Lofgren, a member of the House Judiciary Committee who also served on the congressional investigation of the Jan. 6 attack. "Undercutting the system of government is a serious matter and a threat to our future" - Reuters
Why has the Republican Party become so thoroughly corrupt?
- It isn’t an occasional failure to uphold norms, but a consistent repudiation of them. It isn’t about dirty money so much as the pursuit and abuse of power—power as an end in itself, justifying almost any means.
- Republican majorities are rushing to pass laws that strip away the legitimate powers of newly elected Democratic governors while defeated or outgoing Republican incumbents are still around to sign the bills.
- The fact that no plausible election outcome can check the abuse of power is what makes political corruption so dangerous.
- It strikes at the heart of democracy. It destroys the compact between the people and the government.
- In rendering voters voiceless, it pushes everyone closer to the use of undemocratic means.
Today’s Republican Party has cornered itself with a base of ever older, whiter, more male, more rural, more conservative voters. Demography can take a long time to change—longer than in progressives’ dreams—but it isn’t on the Republicans’ side. - The Atlantic
The Ultimate Republican Scandals List
The Bastion exposes right wing extremism related to issues and character. Check their list of over 280 Republican scandals including:
Conservatives Malign Mainstream Media as a Propaganda Tactic
Donald Trump Stupidity
Hollywood has a Conservative Bias
How to Debate a Republican
Donald Trump Scandals List
Donald Trump Corruption and Abuse of Power
Donald Trump Criminal Scandals
TakeAway: America isn't a banana people with some politicians above the law. Don't let threats of violence and disinformation change that.
DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH THE DATA FOUND IN THIS BLOG AND INFOGRAPHIC HAS BEEN PRODUCED AND PROCESSED FROM SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CAN BE MADE REGARDING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO ANY USES OF THE INFORMATION WHETHER ISOLATED OR AGGREGATE USES THEREOF.