It will be hard not to hit her with the speaker's gavel joked Kevin McCarthy. - CNN
Attack on Nancy Pelosi’s husband follows years of GOP demonizing her. - Washington Post
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy joked that it “will be hard not to hit” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi with the speaker’s gavel if Republicans take control of the chamber in the 2022 midterms and he becomes speaker.
“I want you to watch Nancy Pelosi hand me that gavel. It will be hard not to hit her with it,” McCarthy said in audio ... The Republican leader made the comments after he was handed an oversized gavel. - CNN
Spreading political hate
"The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat"
At 12 a.m. Thursday (2020), President Trump retweeted a video in which a supporter says, “The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”
He tweets or says something alluding to violence while reserving some plausible deniability. But the exercise is completely conspicuous — as evidenced by the tweets less than 25 hours apart... The idea that anything like the scenes Trump is describing would ever happen is difficult to believe. But that’s not really the point. Musing about this kind of thing is a great way to plant a seed in certain people’s minds, and the fact that Trump keeps fertilizing that seed shouldn’t escape notice. - Washington Post
"Bullet to the head"
Greene, who represents Georgia’s 14th Congressional District, frequently posted far-right extremist and debunked conspiracy theories on her page, including the baseless QAnon conspiracy which casts former President Donald Trump in an imagined battle against a sinister cabal of Democrats and celebrities who abuse children. In one post, from January 2019, Greene liked a comment that said “a bullet to the head would be quicker” to remove House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. - CNN
Fox News host Tucker Carlson calls for bigots to ‘fight back’ during chilling anti-LGBTQ+ rant. "In what appeared to be a call to arms, Tucker Carlson continued: “What you’re seeing is a society that hates children… No one should put up with this. No parent should put up with this for one second, no matter what the law says. “Your duty – your moral duty – is to defend your children. This is an attack on your children and you should fight back.” - Pink News
Protect your freedoms
From our freedom to decide if and when we grow our families, to our freedom to vote, to our freedom for our families to thrive, Trump Republicans want to control us, use violence to overthrow elections, and block the policies we favor.
We’ve seen what happens when Trump Republicans have claimed to be for freedom, only to take it away and impose their will. This November, remember: You’re a part of the fight for freedom. - Way To Win.
TakeAway: Violence is part of the fascist playbook. Vote Democrat to protect your freedoms.
DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH THE DATA FOUND IN THIS BLOG AND INFOGRAPHIC HAS BEEN PRODUCED AND PROCESSED FROM SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CAN BE MADE REGARDING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO ANY USES OF THE INFORMATION WHETHER ISOLATED OR AGGREGATE USES THEREOF.
Can you spot the similarities between fascists and MAGA Republicans?
How to spot a fascist
- Mythic past - "We" descend from a glorious, patriarchal past. "They" threaten that legacy.
- Propaganda - The language of democratic ideals takes on corrupted, opposite meanings. Freedom of speech claims are used to suppress speech.
- Anti-Intellectual - Expertise no longer has value. Universities are branded as incubators of liberalism, marxism and feminism.
- Unreality - Facts are debased. Reasoned debate becomes impossible without a common understanding.
- Hierarchy - Fascist politicians attempt to prove natural divisions between 'us' and 'them'.
- Victimhood - Any gains for "them" are a loss for "us".
- Law & Order - "They" are criminals in need of policing by "us".
- Sexual anxiety - "We" support the family. "They" are deviant and threatening.
- Sodom & Gomorrah - "We" come from the rural heartland, the backbone of the country. "They" live in cities.
- Undeserving - "They" are lazy and undeserving. "We" are hardworking.