Who are FOX's biggest advertisers supporting Tucker Carlson spreading racism? Which FOX directors are connected with Stanford, Georgetown and The Nature Conservancy?
How do people and organizations claim high sounding values, but support racism and disinformation at the same time? Check this relationship map to follow the money and learn what you can do to demand advertisers live up to their claimed values.
This relationship map can be freely shared with this link https://embed.kumu.io/6fe4b4439331c4872ef34105d50d71af
with this GIF https://media.giphy.com/media/dyIboacjw1hhcxeJp8/source.gif or embedded in a website with this code:
< iframe src="https://embed.kumu.io/6fe4b4439331c4872ef34105d50d71af" width="940" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe>
How well do you know FOX?
Take this quiz on FOX directors and the values that FOX advertisers claim to while funding the broadcasting of racism and COVID disinformation. (Answers below).
- Which FOX director is on the Nature Conservancy board?
- Which FOX advertiser claims "We are all responsible for creating a culture of integrity."
- Name the FOX director who said "climate change is not a real phenomenon, but only a ‘scientifically questionable’ theory which had become the new religion, the followers of which were the ‘enemies of freedom’."
- Which FOX advertiser is also affiliated with the Red Cross?
- Which FOX director teaches at Georgetown University?
- Which university claims to "tackle the world’s great problems, anchoring research and education in ethics and civic responsibility, and promoting access and inclusion" and has and advisor that condones spreading racism?
- Which FOX advertiser also claims to use its platform to 'stand against racism, violence and hate'?
- Which FOX director voted to block the nomination of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court?
- Which FOX advertiser claims to value 'family, righteous living, accountability, healthy living, finding excellence in the ordinary, passion, being positive and caring...'?
- Which FOX director compared environmentalists to Communists?
Anti Defamation League calls For Carlson to be fired
“It is antisemitic, racist and toxic. It has informed the ideology of mass shooters in El Paso, Christchurch and Pittsburgh,” the ADL leader wrote, adding a call for the TV star’s ouster: “Tucker must go.”
The ADL released a letter addressed to Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott, listing off other examples of anti-semitic Carlson commentary. “We believe in dialogue and giving people a chance to redeem themselves, but Carlson’s full-on embrace of the white supremacist replacement theory on yesterday’s show and his repeated allusions to racist themes in past segments are a bridge too far,” the organization wrote." - Daily Beast
TakeAway: Make sure your purchases aren't funding the spread of racism and COVID disinformation. Demand universities and organizations hire people that live to their values.
Answers: (1) Ana Paula Pessoa (2) Jim DeVries (3) José María Aznar (4) Thomas M. Feeney (5) José María Aznar (6) Stanford (7) Indeed.com (8) Kelly Ayotte (9) Balance of Nature (10) José María Aznar