"The Trump administration is demanding that all school districts fully reopen in the fall or risk losing their federal funding".
Your children have become political pawns. How can parents be mobilized to demand authorities keep children safe? How can this be done quickly with no money? Create a StoryMap.
This StoryMap explains:
- Where is the Coronavirus raging the worst in America?
- Where are schools located relative to where the pandemic is the worst?
- The disastrous results of Republican governors opening their states too quickly
- How can parents contact their elected officials and children's schools.
StoryMaps can be skimmed in seconds, or read carefully to get detailed information for where the reader lives. This StoryMap, for instance includes:
- Data from Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus COVID-19 Dashboard on the number of COVID-19 cases and the mortality rate per count. This information is continually refreshed on the map courtesy technology from esri
- 18 videos including Dr. Fauci, Betsy DeVos, President Trump, Eskelsen Garcia, president of the National Education Association, Randi Weingarten, president of American Federation of Teachers.
- The consequences of ten Republican governors ignoring expert advice and opening their states too early during a pandemic
- Details on over 102,000 schools and 437 congressional districts courtesy Community Analyst
StoryMaps is a free app that lets you quickly create compelling stories with text, links, data, images, maps and videos.
- They are engaging, informative and include links for actions to take
- Easily shared with a link
- Can be updated with new information at any time
- Can be read from any device - phone, tablet or laptop
Use StoryMaps to make complex issues easy to understand and inspire people to get involved.