How can experts, volunteers and resources connect in a pandemic?
NYC United Against Coronavirus (NYC UAC) shows how it can be done quickly and with few resources. They crowdsource information on upcoming events and quickly share it through the web, social media and a free mobile app.
How it works
- Details on virtual gatherings, digital town halls, livestreams, and other events responding to Coronavirus are submitted through a Google Form.
- NYC UAC volunteers review the submissions before they are shared through a Google Doc.
- Events are also shared through a public Google Calendar which NYC UAC partners can also share through their web sites.
- People subscribe to the calendar to have events added to their online calendars.
- A list of upcoming events is also shared through the NYC AUC Facebook Page.
- The information is provided through a mobile web app that is continuously refreshed with detailed on new events.
This crowdsourced calendar uses free apps including Google Forms, Sheets, Calendar and Facebook. DemLabs used Glide Apps (a free app) to create the mobile app. It can be used to check for upcoming events and submit new events.
How you can help
Contact NYC United Against Coronavirus about this project at NYCCoronavirus@gmail.com with questions, to help with this project, or submit events.
Free apps enable frugal innovation. Learn more here.