We love solutions that let more deserving candidates run for office. We really love apps, that are free and easy-to-use. Candidates struggle to produce campaign videos when they are tight on time and money.
Here's how the campaign video was created and distributed.
1. The candidate (Barbara) used an iPhone to record her 10 second message at a Blue Institute training workshop.
2. Photos of issues that matter to her voters were first collected.
3. A campaign message ('We can do better') was chosen.
4. These components were combined with Adobe Spark to create a 30 second campaign video.
5. The campaign video can be shared on social media in the form of a link.
6. It can be downloaded and shared through Vimeo and YouTube.
7. It can also be added to the candidate's own web site with a few lines of code.
It's that simple! Did I mention that the app is free?
A special thanks to Jocelyn Harmon, the co-founder of Blackher for telling us about Adobe Spark.
Too often candidates and advocacy groups never hear of the wonderful apps that can let them todo more for less. DemLabs increases the flow of innovative solutions to progressives. Let us know about other good, affordable apps that deserve attention. We'll be glad to test them and spread the word. Thank you.
Democracy Labs is a hub for ongoing technology and creative innovation that serves progressive groups at the national, state, and local levels. Donate here to support our work.